Dr. Joseph Rucker recently posted an interesting article about causes and cures for dark undereye circles, explaining the multiple factors that can be responsible, including heredity, hormone levels, sun exposure, stress, aging, a lack of sleep, and allergies. However, contrary to what you may think, dark circles cannot be remedied by skin lighteners because the darkness is not caused by skin discoloration, but rather a shadowing of the skin.
To minimize the appearance of darkness around the eyes, he suggest the following methods:
- Using powerful peptides such as Enza Essential’s Eyebright Eye Gelee will cool and sooth the appearance of puffy bags while increasing cell turnover, leaving you with a more youthful, brighter appearance.
- Dermal fillers can be used in order to plump the area around and under your eyes which reduces the intensity of shadowing.
- Wearing sunscreen, particularly an SPF 30 or greater, will help to minimize unprotected sun exposure and the effects of aging from the sun.
- Applying ice or cucumbers directly on the dark circles at nighttime will soothe and minimize the dark circles caused by puffiness.
- Lastly, Dr. Rucker suggests certain energy driven radiofrequency treatments to the dermal tissue to help tighten and brighten your face while also increasing collagen production that will work against the skin’s natural aging process.
His advice: “Although there is no way to completely prevent dark circles from appearing, there are multiple ways to reduce the shadowing.”
Interested in more anti-aging news?
Just do any one of the following:
1. Click the word FOLLOW at the top left of this blog.
2. Click the word LIKE on the right – just below my Facebook cover design
3. Join my Aesthetics and Beauty Facebook Group